If you’re visiting Banff, Alberta, Canada for hiking and outdoor activities, then train travel is a great way to get there. The town is close to the Rocky Mountains, and this means that there are countless train routes from Vancouver, British Columbia all the way up to Calgary and beyond. If you’re planning on traveling north from Vancouver to Banff, then the best option is Vancouver to Banff train. Here we’ll show you how to travel by train from Vancouver to Banff.
How to Get from Vancouver to Banff by Train
Vancouver to Banff by train? Yes, of course. As we mentioned above, train travel from Vancouver to Banff is the best way to get there. This is because Banff is close to the Rocky Mountains, and as a result it is a popular destination for hikers and outdoorsy people. If you’re visiting Banff for hiking, then you’ll love the many options for getting there by train. Here is how you can get from Vancouver to Banff by train: First, buy a ticket from Vancouver to Calgary or Edmonton. We recommend the Canadian Pacific or Canadian National West Coast route. Both these routes will get you to Calgary where you can transfer to a bus that will take you to Banff.
Tips for traveling by train from Vancouver to Banff
1) Purchase tickets in advance: You can save a ton of money on train tickets if you buy them a few months in advance. You can often buy tickets at a cheaper rate than the prices shown on the website 2-3 weeks in advance.
2) Book your accommodations in advance: Booking your accommodations early in advance can also save you a ton of money on accommodations. – Book your flight and car rental in advance: Make sure to book your flights, car rental, and accommodations in advance.
3) Bring a sweater: As Banff is located in the mountains, it can get very cold. Bring a sweater and wear it whenever you’re going out for outdoor activities.
4) Travel in the shoulder season: The best time to visit Banff is during the shoulder season from May to September. It is also less expensive and less congested.
Find the right rail pass for your trip
There are many different rail passes that you can use when you travel by train from Vancouver to Banff. Some of the most popular rail passes for train travel in Canada include the:
– 7-Day Canadian National Rail Pass
– 30-Day InterRail Global Pass
– 90-Day Pass for National Rail of Great Britain – 6-Month pass for Inter Rail Canada When you choose a rail pass, you’ll notice that there are many different rail passes to choose from. These can make planning your Banff tour Canada rail vacations, confusing, but there is a simple way to choose the right pass for your trip:
– Calculate the number of train trips you will be taking.
– Calculate the length of your trip and the distance between the two train stations.
– Use the pass that will give you the best deal.
Hiking and outdoor enthusiasts should consider train travel from Vancouver to Banff. It is a quick, efficient, and affordable way to travel from Vancouver to Banff and many people choose to do so. If you want to travel train through Canada, then we recommend booking your tickets in advance and preparing for some expensive train travel.