- Java: Java is the first language built in 1991 and still has a significant global impact. It is one of the widely used languages and commonly used as the server-side language for back-end development, including those involving big data and Android. It is ideal for desktop computing, mobile computing games, and numerical computing.
- PHP: PHP is an open-source programming language built-in 1990, but it still pertains as a staple scripting language with A-list companies. A good developer should know this language as it builds more than 80% of websites on the internet. Facebook, Yahoo, and others were made using PHP.
- C#: C# still holds a leading position as this language dominated today’s web and mobile app development, game development, business applications, and more. C# has a linguistic structure like other C dialects, such as C++. Therefore, taking on C sharp is not challenging, assuming that you know other C languages.
- Swift: Swift is a go-to technology for application development in the iOS world. This programming language knocked out Objective-C and successfully made its position in the Top 20. Fewer coding skills are required to perform coding with Swift compared to other languages. You can use it with IBM Bluemix and IBM Swift Sandbox.
- R: R is a computer programming language commonly used in data science. Ruby is one of the popular languages among start-ups. Ruby powers Twitch, Airbnb, and GitHub. Its demand is reinforced on Ruby on Rails, a full-stack web application framework that empowers Ruby.
- Python: Python is another popular language and will continue to be so. You can easily find web developers Kelowna who are specialized in this language and can help you in your projects. This language is popular because of its readability and support for many valuable libraries and web frameworks.
Though the list is extensive and there are many more languages you can consider, always choose an experienced web development company to help you make the right decision in language selection for your projects.