Headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India CareData Infomatics is a leading healthcare technology organization that offers solutions to enhance patient care and optimize clinical processes in laboratories and hospitals. In an interview with Insights Success, S. Parthasarathy, Director and Co-founder of the organization briefly mentions some of the challenges the organization has faced and strategies it has incorporated to ensure its standing in the market. So, let’s have a look at what the leader has to say about the organization.
Please give a brief overview of CareData Infomatics, its solutions and services?
- Parthasarathy: CareData Infomatics offers solutions covering the entire diagnostic sphere. Our products offer the unmatched flexibility of cloud computing. Our passionate team has over 75 members spread across the length and breadth of India. Our products are the result of the team’s rich experience of over 2 decades in health care IT.
This comprehensive package aids in overcoming the current issues of a diagnostic lab including manually maintained data, no central repository, no check on reagents consumed, lack of skilled personnel amongst a few. This explores innovative and sophisticated analytical capabilities of device interfacing by providing optimized solutions in not only supporting but also enhancing the Lab workflow automation.
How do you diversify your Laboratory Management Solutions so as to benefit your customers?
- Parthasarathy: We offer a variety of services to cater to the needs of different consumers. Other than the base LIMS, we make a cloud based Middleware solution that assists the technicians in the day to day working of the lab. We also provide a stripped down version of the LIS, CARE DIVA, which just handles automated report generation. This is designed for extremely small laboratories that do not have the need or the means to purchase full-fledged LIS software. Finally, we offer all these services as one complete, affordable package.
Please describe the experiences, achievements or lessons learnt that have shaped the journey of the company.
- Parthasarathy: We founded our company in May 2016, and in less than two years we have been able to build a world class product that can take the global market leaders head on. During this time period, we have amassed more than 60 customers in the South East Asian, Middle Eastern, and South Asian markets.
What are the company’s strategies to cope up with the changing trends of the industry?
- Parthasarathy: We, as a company, have one motto: To create software that our customers would need in the future, and not wait for them to ask us for a new feature. For this very purpose, we have hired experts in the industry to keep up with the latest trends in the industry and deliver world class products.
Please give a detailed explanation regarding the management’s influence towards the industry and the company?
- Parthasarathy: The management has played a pivotal role in the shaping of the company. By understanding the current and future market trends, we have charted a course for the company to take care of the current, as well as the future needs of our customers, and to also play a leading role in the industry. By following this roadmap, we hope to set an example in the industry by providing quality, affordable lab management solutions that provide for our customers now, and in the future.
Where does Care Data Infomatics see itself in the long run and what are its future goals?
- Parthasarathy: We currently operate in South East Asia, South Asia and the Middle East. We plan to begin expansion into Europe and South America in the next year, and we hope to make inroads to the US market by 2021-22.
Considering the rising number of laboratory management solution providers, how does Care Data Infomatics stand out from its competitors?
- Parthasarathy: We separate ourselves from the competition by offering a cloud based Middleware service. This service handles the management of assets like reagent consumption and device health, and will also control the Quality Control functions. We are the only company to provide the entire range of Lab Management software in a single, affordable, easy to use package, and that will give us an edge in the market full of players who charge high rates for individual Lab Management software modules.
About the Leader
- Parthasarathy is the Director and Co-founder of CareData Infomatics. He has 20+ years of experience in building and managing high performance sales, marketing, P.R. and channel teams, developing creative business go-to-market strategies in high growth startup and mid stage venture backed and publicly traded companies. Parthasarathy earned his PG diploma in Public Relations from Bhavan’s Rajaji Institute of Communications and since then have been working with leading corporates and empowering people in learning great sales strategies.
About the Company
CareData Infomatics, a leading healthcare technology organization that offers solutions to enhance patient care and optimize clinical processes in laboratories and hospitals.
The products designed by CareData are well-positioned to process a wide range of samples, from over 20,000 samples per day in bigger laboratories to less than 50 samples per day in smaller laboratories.
Having a passionate team of over 60+ members, CareData’s innovative cloud-based IT products are the result of the team’s rich experience of over 2 decades in IT and specifically in the healthcare IT domain. The products not only address the laboratories current needs and pain areas, but also offer unmatched power and flexibility of cloud computing, and scalability for multi-center and multi-device operations and “real-time” control and monitoring of lab as well as hospital devices from a remote centre.