Customer engagement is a crucial part of running a successful business. It involves continuous follow-ups, marketing, feedback analysis, and regular interactions. Failure to create a good customer engagement strategy may result in poor customer experience or dissatisfied customers, risking you losing your business in the long run. So, how do you improve customer engagement?
In this article, you’ll learn the best ways to enhance your business’ customer engagement to keep you guided accordingly.
- Take Advantage Of Direct Marketing
What is direct marketing? This type of marketing relies on direct communication with individual consumers instead of using mass media or a third-party marketing tool. Some examples of direct marketing include emails, flyers, promotional letters, online adverts, newspapers, phone text messaging, coupons, phone calls, magazine adverts, postcards, catalog distribution, and websites.
You can learn from sites like Drop Cowboy that two of the most effective forms of direct marketing are ringless voicemail drop and text or short messaging service (SMS) marketing. Here are the benefits of these direct marketing campaigns that can boost customer engagement:
- Direct Messaging: Direct marketing is an effective customer engagement strategy that delivers your message to your audience directly while they can respond at their leisure.
- Versatility: Send your message across different devices, such as landline and mobile phones.
- Easy To Use: Expand your business reach globally using an easy-to-use mass text app. Get to connect with your customers and prospects to send sales pitches, follow-up appointments, or announce new offerings.
- Missed Call Alerts: Allow receivers to easily message you or return your call because their phones displayed a missed call alert. Let your customers feel your active presence through direct marketing to remind them of your brand every time they need similar products and services.
- Create Your Ideal Customer
How do you want to boost your customer engagement and sales at the same time? Hit two birds using one stone by creating your ideal customer or a buyer persona. It’s a model that describes your target customer, taking into account demographics, customer behaviors, and other relevant customer data.
The purpose of creating your ideal customer is to understand your target audience better. Once you’re able to put yourself in your customers’ shoes, they’ll be more receptive to you when you start engaging with them. Eventually, your sales will follow.
Here’s how you can create your ideal customer that will help improve customer engagement:
- Brainstorm with your team and identify the needs, preferences, and qualities of the majority of your customers.
- Check reviews, testimonials, or surveys to know what your customers want or hate in your product and services.
- Conduct split testing using your website content to identify what type of content appeals to your target audience to increase your unpaid (organic) traffic and improve engagement.
- Make Use Of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing revolutionizes how businesses engage with customers nowadays. Consumers can freely express their thoughts and emotions through online platforms, connecting to different businesses worldwide.
Check these helpful tips to increase customer engagement using social media:
- Use Hashtags: Instagram users actively search for interesting hashtags and follow them. Use hashtags to place your content in the front relevant to your business. It’s an excellent way to engage with more people, grow your social media reach, and gain more followers.
- Hold Contests: Facebook is an excellent platform for holding contests, such as posting a question or trivia to kick off active comments on threads and keep people entertained.
- Respond To Fans: You can use Facebook Messenger so that your business will get the “Very Responsive” badge. It’s a badge to show fans that you’re responsive to customers’ questions and concerns.
- Embrace AR And VR
You probably have an idea of how AR and VR work. Virtual reality (VR) refers to using computer-generated technology, simulating an artificial three-dimensional environment. The user wears a pair of sensor-equipped gloves or special goggles with a screen.
Augmented reality (AR) refers to an enhanced version of the physical world. For instance, a furniture store can employ AR technology to let homeowners see how a coffee table would look like in their living room using a computer-generated three-dimensional object.
So, how do AR and VR boost your business’ customer engagement? Here are some ways to use AR and VR to your advantage:
- Let your products interact with your prospects anytime and anywhere without them having to wear or use the actual product.
- Get to introduce your new product or service while protecting privacy.
- Educate your customers on how to use your product or service.
- Use Customer Relationship Management Software
Customer relationship management (CRM) pertains to a technology that helps manage a company’s interactions and relationships with prospects and customers. The main goal of using CRM is to improve business relationships. It enables you to stay connected to your customers, streamline your communication processes, and increase your business’s profitability.
Customer relationship management provides you a clear overview of how your customers interact with your brand. See everything in a simple, customizable dashboard, describing your customer’s previous history, order status, and outstanding customer service issues, among others.
Check the following things that CRM can do:
- Collect a customer’s email, website, social media, telephone data, and more in multiple channels.
- Automatically pulls in other information, including recent company news. It stores personal details, like a customer’s personal communications preferences.
- Connect to other business apps to develop better customer relationships.
- Integrate with your business tools, such as accounting and billing, document signing, and surveys.
Every business must create a unique and effective customer engagement strategy to improve customer communication and encourage more people to support your products and services. As a business owner, you can choose from different strategies discussed above, such as direct marketing, social media marketing, and AR and VR.
It would also help to use customer relationship management software and create a buyer persona to boost your engagement. By doing so, you’ll better understand what your target audience needs and wants.